10 new ways to use Indian pickles in your cooking.
Posted by THE LITTLE FARM CO.
Indian pickles, or achar, are one of the oldest preserved condiments and a staple in Indian cuisine. They are created from pickled fruits and vegetables. Its sour, spicy, and sweet flavour gives any meal a powerful kick, making it a versatile ingredient for a wide range of cuisines. They have a rich flavour and offer wonderful taste and texture to a meal.
While Indian pickles are often thought of as a side dish, they may also be utilised in a variety of cuisines to produce some truly spectacular and unusual recipes.
As an Indian cook, you may have a bottle or two of Indian pickles in the fridge, waiting to be used in a unique dish. However, don't be afraid to look beyond the jar and bring these tastes to life in unexpected ways!
There are so many wonderful and unusual ways to utilise Indian pickles in your cuisine, from Achari Aloo to Achaari Rice. In this post, we'll look at 10 inventive ways to use Indian pickles in the kitchen.
So, if you're ready to try something new, keep reading and let the culinary adventure begin!
Here are 10 delicious recipes you can make with achaar:
- Achaari Chicken Tikka: Marinate chicken pieces in a mixture of yogurt and Mango Pickle, and then grill or bake until golden and juicy.
- Achaar Raita: Mix yogurt with Lemon Khatta meetha achaar and spices for a cooling and tangy dipping sauce.
- Achaari Pulao: Cook rice with spices, ghee, and a handful of Adrak Hari Mirch achaar for a simple and flavorful side dish.
- Achaari Paneer Tikka: Replace the traditional tomato-based marinade with a mixture of yogurt and mango achaar to create a delicious twist on classic paneer tikka.
- Achaari Aloo: Boil and mash potatoes, then mix with spices and green chilli achaar for a tasty vegetarian dish.
- Achaar Sandwich: Spread green chilli achaar on bread and top with your favorite fillings for a tasty sandwich with a spicy twist.
- Spicy Dal: To create a spicy twist to your everyday daal, add a spoonful of green chilli pickle while preparing the tadka for the daal.
- Achaar Naan: Brush naan with melted butter and a spoonful of Garlic achaar before baking for a flavorful and spicy twist on classic naan.
- Achaar Fried Rice: Stir-fry cooked rice with vegetables, eggs, and a spoonful of your favourite achaar from our collection for a quick and easy one-pan meal.
- Achaar Vegetable Stir Fry: Toss together your favorite vegetables with a spoonful of Gajjar Gobi Shalgam Achar and spices for a quick and easy side dish.
Finally, achaar is a versatile condiment that offers a robust and spicy flavour to a wide range of foods. Whether you use it to make a marinade, dipping sauce, or simply add it to your cuisine, achaar is likely to become a culinary staple.
Its distinct flavour is ideal for individuals who enjoy robust and sour flavours, and with these ten dishes as a starting point, the options for making delectable meals are limitless.
So, don't put it off any longer; stock up on achaar today from our collection and take your cuisine to the next level!